Eliminating Fatigue and Stress with ArticuLock®
ArticuLock® is based on a ball and socket concept that has been intelligently engineered with a seal stack arrangement to provide hydraulic sealing capability up to 5000psi.
With a torque mechanism to provide 30kftlbs of torque rating ArticuLock® has a selectable, lockable sleeve to secure the tool in a rigid axial position in the locked position, while also providing +/-15deg of articulation in any orientation when in the unlocked position. ArticuLock® is an easy to utilise solution for elimination bending stress and fatigue.
DeltaTek’s ArticuLock® technology provides open-water, riser, casing or landing string articulation, even in extreme conditions to:
- Extend the weather window for deployment of subsea trees, flow-bases, emergency disconnect package (EDP)/lower riser package (LRP) or casing strings etc by >400%
- Eliminate low cycle fatigue (remove stiffness) associated with hang-off or suspending loads during riserless or open-water operations
- Provide a contingency to allow subsea deployment or intervention operations to continue even in high significant wave height, sea-swell or loop current conditions
- Reduce Waiting on Weather (WOW) time
- 400 tonne axal capacity
- 30 Degrees of allowable articulation
- Torque through capability
- Pump through capability
- Cement through capability
- 5000 psi rating